Medical and Health
“Sativa” which means things that are cultivated is known to be an herbaceous flowering cannabis plant whose origin can be traced in Eastern Asia upon its widespread cultivation the world over in recent times. Thanks to the advancement in technology, the cannabis sativa plants are now used as a source of industrial fiber, seed oil, food, recreation, religious/spiritual moods, and medicine. The plant’s uniqueness is evident as every part of the plant is or can be harvested differently, depending on the purpose of its use
The cannabis sativa or the Cannabaceae is today accepted in over 16 states in the United States for medical uses. This plant is one of the most valuable crops capable of fetching top dollar, which is actually grown and cultivated in the US. In addition, the sativa plant presents significant caseloads for forensic chemists tasked with quantifying and identifying the material.
Unlike Cannabis Sativa, the Indica strains are known to grow tall and thin with narrow leaves. The sativa plant possesses a lighter shade of green than its Indica strain counterpart does. In addition, the Sativa strains take longer to grow, mature, and as such requires much more light.
The cannabis sativa is known to produce seeds, which can be used to make hemp seed oil. This processed oil is very nutritive and is used for cooking, serves as fuels for lamps, and for painting. In addition, the oil is also used as feed for caged-birds such as parrots as it is a wonderful source of nutrients for most animals.
The flowers leaves, stems, and seeds of the cannabis sativa plant are rich in psychoactive chemical components known as cannabinoids and is consumed for spiritual, medicinal, as well as recreational purposes. The plant is also very potent as it has the ability to serve as a panacea for hallucinogenic, analgesic, hypnotic, sedative, and anti-inflammatory agent
Amongst a wide array of the Cannabis Sativa’s uses is also the main component in many products we see today, such as food, building materials, body care products, medicines, nutritional supplements, textiles, etc.
Some of the known benefit of the consumption of cannabis sativa.
- The cannabis sativa is can sometimes be used as a treatment of epilepsy
- It is also a potent panacea for asthma, insomnia, depression, pain as well as the loss of appetite.
- When it comes to vomiting related to cancer chemotherapy, the cannabis sativa is potent enough to stop the vomiting
- The plant is also very effective in treating a wide array of pain related disorders as it brings much-needed relief to its patients
- The cannabis sativa also serves as a panacea for hallucinogenic, hypnotic, sedative, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory agent.