- by TimChech
Taking to mind the never-ending debate regarding the health benefits of medical cannabis, a huge number of state in the US have active laws relating to medical cannabis as well as give it the all clear to be used for recreational purposes. With that in mind, enclosed below are the advantages and disadvantages associated with using medical cannabis.
Advantages of Medical Cannabis
- Medical cannabis is known to relieve patients suffering from muscles related disorders, which is often associated with paralysis and sclerosis.
Unlike other appetite medications, medical marijuana treats loss of appetite especially for patients suffering from HIV/AIDS and certain types of cancers.
Medical cannabis is a potent panacea for chronic pain, including neuropathic pain.
Researchers in the field of medical cannabis opine that smoking marijuana alone without the concurrent use of tobacco does not increase the risk of lung diseases.
Disadvantages of Medical Cannabis
It should worthy to note that in as much as many people are supportive of the use of medical cannabis as well as its benefits, there are certainly some other people who are certainly not fans of the drug. Enclosed below are of the disadvantages associated with the consumption of medical cannabis.
- Regular use of cannabis can have a lasting effect on your short-term memory
- Smoking, in general, be it marijuana or tobacco seriously damages lung tissues
- By smoking cannabis, you risk been addicted to the drug.
- Marijuana is widely regarded to be one of the causes of many automobile crashes and workplace-related accidents.